DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
The Department of Agricultural Engineering is established in the year 2021-22 with an intake of 30. The Department is started by the dream of our beloved Late His Holiness Dr. Tontada Siddhalinga Mahaswamiji, He dreams to support to improve the status of farmers through modern technologies to improve production, productivity and reduce drudgery in North Karnataka region. Major backbone of the department is committed band of faculty members with noticeable experience in academics & research. The department has state-of-the-art laboratories in order to fulfill the farmers needs as per the latest technologies. The infrastructure and amenities of the department are at par with the standards. Agricultural Engineering aims to give students a fundamental understanding of agriculture and use the knowledge to design and enable machines/systems that run the modern world. We provide an education grounded with deep understanding of the concepts of agriculture engineering.
Our faculty and staff prepare students for inspiring careers in industries such as Government and Private industries which specialize in farm machinery and power engineering, tractor industries, soil and water conservation engineering, agricultural processing and food engineering, irrigation and drainage engineering, dairy engineering, renewable energy resources and more. By the end of the four years, our students are equipped to become professionals, scholars, academicians, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
What Does A Degree In Agricultural Engineering Mean?
• The awareness behind an Agricultural Engineering degree is increasing as time goes by; however, there still lies a certain degree of ambiguity behind the meaning of a bachelor's degree under Agricultural Engineering.
• Agricultural Engineering revolves around the study of real-life engineering principles that can be used to improve Agriculture practices like crop production, cultivation practice, and processing of Agriculture products and by-products.
• The Agricultural Engineering programme involves a blend of plant and animal biology, civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical engineering and computer science principles. This makes the programme a true all-rounder.
What Can An Agricultural Engineering Degree Bring You?
• Not many know this, but a degree from the for best Agricultural Engineering can mean a lot for one's career. The course is new on the horizon but offers career opportunities that are on par with other mainstream courses.
• After completing their graduate course under Agricultural Engineering, students can pursue a Masters or M.Tech. in streams like Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Food Process Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Renewable Energy Sources, Aquaculture and Water Resource Management in various institutes in India .
• A major question here is where does one find a degree in Agricultural Engineering in India?
Why TCE for Agricultural Engineering?
• Nowadays, several Indian institutions are offering students an Agricultural Engineering course under the UG program. TCE is quite popular among students living in and out of Karnataka states.
• TCE, is a growing hub for Agricultural Engineering in the Karnataka. It offers Agricultural Engineering course as an undergraduate.
• Students can acquire admission in Agricultural Engineering in TCE by clearing the Karnataka state's entrance test known as KCET/DCET.
VISION AND MISSION
To Promote the Agricultural Engineering education known for its contribution to agriculture and its allied fields in making agriculture more profitable and sustainable.
We at the agricultural engineering are committed to provide quality education and state-of-art facility for the students in order to:
● Provide experiential knowledge by student centric teaching-learning process to serve agriculture community
● Providing opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in agricultural engineering
● Encouraging for life-long learning towards the modern farming needs
● To innovate, share and disseminate knowledge of agricultural engineering applications to the students, farmers and stakeholders of the society.
SCHEME - Click Here to view
SYLLABUS - Click Here to view
1. Techstone Industries, Kolhapur - 2022-23
Eligibility for B.E.(Agri.Engg.)
• PUC with Science
• 3 years Diploma in Any branch for Lateral Entry to B.E. in Agricultural Engineering
A student pursuing a degree at Agricultural Engineering has a sea of employment and career opportunities under his/her wing
Students can take career paths such as a job as an Agriculture engineer at agro-based industries, Agriculture engineers, Agriculture specialists, Agriculture inspectors, farm managers, Agriculture researchers, food quality supervisors, Micro irrigation engineer, graduate trainee in different industries, etc.
These are just the tip of the iceberg.
Govt jobs in the Department of Agriculture as AO and AAO and Department of Forestry as RFO and in the Central Govt Departments – Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institutes, Soil Water Conservation Institutes etc.
Food Corporation of India and Seed Corporation of India.
Banking Sector-PO and AFO through IBPS Exam
Private sectors (Tractor Industries, Farm Machinery Industries, Micro Irrigation Companies for Drip and Sprinkler Irrigation, Food Industries, Dairy Industries)
Ample opportunities for entrepreneurship in agriculture and allied sector
Agricultural Engineering is an up-coming profession that is expected to achieve new heights in the coming years. As the technological advancement in relation to agriculture is the need of the hour in the Indian landscape, the country's scope of Agricultural engineering is bright. The course also provides a variety of employment opportunities to the students and a unique perspective to improve the country's Agriculture production.
Our AGE course offers conceptual courses as prescribed by the University, to expertise in Fundamentals of Agriculture, Crop Production Technology, Agronomy and Soil Science, Soil Mechanics and Surveying and Leveling, Kinematics of Machines and Materials, Tractors systems and Automobile, Farm Machinery, Soil and water conservation structure and its design, Micro Irrigation Engineering, Agricultural Process Engineering, Food Process Engineering, Protective Agriculture, Dairy Engineering and more.
Agricultural Engineering Department at TCE is committed to educate and train agricultural engineers to support and maintain the pace of agricultural development in the country. With ample scope for jobs in Govt. and other allied agriculture sectors, emphasis is being laid on campus recruitment training right from the second year.
This department has laboratories with state of art equipment in the required field. The labs include Fundamentals of agriculture and Crop Production Technology lab, Farm Machinery lab, Tractor and Automotive Engine Lab, Agricultural Process Engineering Lab, Soil Water Conservation Lab and Dairy and Food Engineering Lab and More .
To enhance the quality of students, the department frequently organizes industrial tours to give real time exposure to the students to different landscapes, agricultural methods and experts. This is later reflected practically in the 2-acres of land allotted to the department specially. Vegetables, cereal crops and other crops. are grown by the students under the guidance of staff.
For further information, the individuals can head over to Tontadarya Engineering College, Gadag, website www.tce.ac.in and check out the complete know-how regarding the admissions, fee structure and career opportunities offered by Agricultural Engineering.